- 8 eggs, hard boiled, peel and cut in half lengthwise
- ⅓ cup Challenge Butter
- 2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh ginger root
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes
- ½ cup ½ -inch diced green bell peppers
- ½ cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 4-5 cups freshly cooked basmati or other long grain rice
- Optional garnish of chopped, chives, parsley or cilantro leaves
1Prepare hard boiled eggs and set aside. Begin cooking rice so it is ready when sauce is complete.
2Melt butter in a large skillet (10½-inches) over medium heat. Add onions; sauté until golden brown (8 to 10 minutes).
3Add garlic, ginger, green peppers and spices; sauté an additional minute.
4Add tomatoes and water simmer about 5 minutes. Add salt and season to taste.
5Place halved eggs, yolk side up in skillet on top of sauce; simmer in the sauce 3 to 5 minutes, spooning the sauce gently over the eggs to allow them to absorb more of the curry flavor.
6Transfer warm cooked rice to a shallow baking dish (approx 7 x 11 x 2-inches) Arrange egg halves over rice and top with curry sauce. Add garnish of small amount of chopped fresh herbs if desired.