Spring Vegetable Zucchini Noodle Soup
This vegetarian soup makes use of the best veggies of spring, and swaps in spiralized zucchini as light, nourishing “noodles.” Start with a base of leeks, celery and fennel, and build with garlic, potatoes, peas, asparagus, zucchini and parsley. Tip: find simple spiralizers online or from kitchen retailers.
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Challenge Dairy Butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, white and pale green parts only, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 1 stalks celery, diced
- 1 small fennel bulb, diced
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¾ pound small waxy potatoes, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 6 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- ½ bunch asparagus, woody ends removed, stems cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
1Heat butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add leeks, celery and fennel and cook; season with salt and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 8-10 minutes.
2Stir in the garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Add potatoes and stock; season with salt and pepper.
3Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and cook until potatoes are tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in peas and asparagus and cook 2 minutes, until crisp tender and bright green.
4Remove from heat and stir in the zucchini and parsley. Serve hot with grated Parmesan.