- ¼ cup (½ stick) Challenge Butter
- 3 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups fennel bulb, minced (1 large bulb)
- 5 cups (2 pounds) potatoes, peeled and cut in ½-inch cubes
- 1 quart (4 cups) chicken broth
- 8 oz. (1cup) bottled clam juice
- 1 pound salmon filet, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 cups milk
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill weed, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ to 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
1Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add onion and fennel; cook until onions are soft but not browned. Add potatoes, broth and clam juice; bring just to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
2Remove half of soup mixture and puree it.
3Add salmon to the portion remaining in the pan and simmer until the salmon is just cooked through and flakes (about 5 minutes).
4Stir in pureed mixture, milk and dill. Cook until warmed through. Do not boil.