Grilled Green Chile Chicken Sliders
Let the fruity and tangy flavors of hatch green chiles take the wheel in this easy slider dish, made all the more appealing with a crispy slaw topping and plush King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls.
- zest of 1 lime
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced hatch green chiles, drained
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced in half into cutlets
- ½ cup thinly sliced cabbage
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup store-bought green chile salsa
- 1 package (12-count) King’s Hawaiian Original Sweet Rolls
- 12 Tablespoons Challenge Lawry’s Seasoned Salt Butter Snack Spread, divided
1Combine lime zest, lime juice, garlic, green chiles, brown sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, olive oil and cilantro in a blender and process until smooth. Place chicken in a large plastic zip-top bag and pour marinade over top. Seal bag and toss to coat. Let marinate 30 minutes at room temperature, or up to 4 hours in the refrigerator.
2Meanwhile, make quick pickled cabbage. Toss cabbage in a medium bowl with ½ teaspoon Kosher salt, apple cider vinegar and granulated sugar. Let sit 30 minutes.
3Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Clean and oil grates. Place chicken on grill, letting excess marinade drip off, and cook until dark grill marks develop, about 5 minutes.
4Flip and cook another 3-5 minutes, until chicken registers 165°F. Transfer to a cutting board, tent loosely with foil, and let rest 5 minutes. Slice the chicken into thin strips and set aside.
5To assemble sliders, split a bun and spread the bottom with a Tablespoon Challenge Lawry’s Seasoned Salt Butter Snack Spread. Top with 3-5 slices of grilled chicken and some pickled cabbage. Spoon salsa on top and close the sandwich. Repeat with remaining sliders and serve.