- 2 Tablespoons Challenge Unsalted Butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper
- 1 (15oz.) can Garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper coarsely ground
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1Melt butter in a large fry pan over medium heat. Add onions and slowly cook until they are light brown (about 20 to 25 minutes). Add coriander, cumin, turmeric and red pepper; stir and continue to cook for a minute or two, to develop the spice flavors. Add drained garbanzo beans, salt, black pepper and Tablespoon of water.
2Cook, stirring constantly until beans are thoroughly coated and heated.
3This dish actually improves if it is made a day ahead of time and is refrigerated giving the spices a chance to meld. (If reheating, add an additional tablespoon of water.) Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice before serving.