Savory Green Beans and Mushrooms
Challenge Butter is the key to making this side a standout. Its distinctive flavor and quality bring cohesiveness to a fresh mixture of thyme, onions, mushrooms and green beans.
- ¼ cup (½ stick) Challenge Butter
- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced or pressed
- ¼ pound mushrooms, fresh sliced
- 1 pound green beans, fresh petite whole
- 3 Tablespoons dry sherry (or 2 to 3 Tablespoons of water)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried whole leaf
- ¼ teaspoon salt
1Wash and drain green beans. Break stem ends off green beans and cut into 2 inch pieces.
2Melt butter over medium heat in 10" to 12" skillet. Add onions and garlic and cook until onions are tender (approximately 5 minutes).
3Stir in mushrooms, fully coating with the butter and onion mixture. Add beans and sherry (or water); sprinkle with salt, pepper and thyme.
4Bring mixture just to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered for 10-15 minutes or until beans are tender yet crisp.