Maple-Glazed Yams with Butter Pecan Topping
Made with just six ingredients, this side dish is easy to prepare, beautiful to serve, and decadent to eat. Feel free to swap sweet potatoes for yams, if you like; either will taste divine.
- ½ cup + 3 Tablespoons Challenge Butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, divided
- 4 pounds yams, peeled and cut into ¼-inch chunks
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
1Preheat oven to 400°F.
2Butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
3Bring large pot of water to boil; add yams. Cook about 4 minutes or until water returns to simmer; drain. Rinse under cold water.
4Arrange yams in prepared dish. Season with salt. Pour syrup over yams. Dot with 3 Tbsp. butter. Cover and bake about 25 minutes or until yams are almost tender.
5Mix flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Add remaining ½ cup butter. Cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add pecans; mix.
6Sprinkle pecan mixture over yams; bake 20 minutes or until tender.
!Sweet potatoes may be substituted.