- ¼ cup Challenge European Style Unsalted Butter
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon hot–pepper sauce
- 2 beaten egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoons dry vermouth (or white wine; substitute water for alcohol-free version)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ lemon)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped chives (optional)
1Melt butter in 2-cup glass measuring cup (microwave high 60 seconds). Whisk in salt, mustard, hot sauce, egg yolks, vermouth and lemon juice. Combine thoroughly.
2Microwave the mixture at 50% level, or medium, stirring every 15 seconds for 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Whisk until thick and smooth. Serve immediately. Garnish with chopped chives if desired.