- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Challenge Butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 3 large cloves minced or pressed garlic, should yield 2 teaspoons
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 large lemon, should yield 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel and 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 16 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup capers, drained
- ⅛ cup chopped parsley, optional
1Season chicken with salt and pepper. In a large pot, add 3 Tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 30 to 60 seconds, stirring constantly, until fragrant.
2Pour in chicken broth, lemon juice, zest, and uncooked penne. Bring liquid to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes. Stir occasionally until pasta is cooked, most of the liquid is absorbed, and it has a creamy, slightly thickened consistency. Remove from heat and immediately stir in the remaining 3 Tablespoons of butter, cream, capers, and parsley.