Beef, Pork and Lamb
A classic dinner entrée of onions, garlic, mushrooms, and seared beef in a smooth balsamic vinegar and cream cheese sauce served over warm noodles and garnished with chives.
- 2¼ cups (4 oz) egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 pound beef tenderloin or sirloin steak (about 1-inch thick)
- 2 Tablespoons Challenge Spreadable Butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ teaspoon (1 clove) minced garlic
- 1½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ½ package (4 oz) Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh minced chives
1Cook egg noodles according to package directions in a large pot of boiling water. Drain.
2Trim steak and cut into 2x¼-inch strips.
3Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Add meat slices and sauté until meat is seared but is still pink in center. Remove meat slices to a platter with a slotted spoon.
4Add onions, garlic and mushrooms to the skillet and sauté until onions are soft and mushrooms just begin to brown. Transfer to platter with slotted spoon.
5Remove skillet from heat and deglaze with addition of balsamic vinegar.
6Blend in cream cheese and water. Return skillet to stove and heat over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the sauce is smooth.
7Stir in salt and pepper.
8Return meat slices and onion/ mushroom mixture to the pan. Continue to heat, stirring and coating meat and vegetables with sauce, until sauce is bubbly.
9Serve over warm noodles garnished with chopped chives.