French Style Herb Spread
Very quick and easy to prepare, this flavorful variation of Boursin combines fresh herbs, butter, and Challenge Cream Cheese to create a delicious appetizer or snack any time. Serve it in a small bowl or ramekin surrounded by bread or bagel slices, melba toast, your favorite crackers, or even vegetable slices and fruit.
- 8 ounces Challenge Cream Cheese
- ½ cup (1 stick) Challenge Unsalted Butter
- ¼ teaspoon pressed or minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ½ teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- ⅛ teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh chives
1Have butter and cream cheese at room temperature. Cream together.
2Add garlic, salt, pepper and herbs. Mix well.
3Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4Serve with bread, bagels, assorted crackers or fruit and vegetable slices such as apple or celery.
!Fresh thyme, basil and rosemary may be replaced with half the amount of the corresponding dried whole herb. Or the three herbs could be replaced with ½ teaspoon of dried herb blend such as Herbes de Provence or Fines Herbes.