Challenge Butter Now Available in all Texas Wal-Mart Supercenters
DUBLIN, CALIF., (May 1, 2011) — Challenge Butter, the largest butter brand in the West, can now be found on shelves at all Wal-Mart Supercenters in the state of Texas.
A 100-year-old heritage brand with a reputation based on quality and consistency, Challenge entered a sample of Texas Wal-Mart Supercenters in 2011. It didn’t take long for the taste of Challenge Butter to capture Texan’s taste buds. Promising sales and feedback instigated the full-state expansion.
“Texas’s culture is built on excellent food and great flavors,” said Tim Anderson, SVP of Foodservice and Retail for Challenge Dairy Products, Inc. “Challenge is honored to be included and thankful to retailers like H-E-B and Wal-Mart Supercenter for their support.”
Texas butter fans can expect to find the following varieties in Wal-Mart Supercenters:
- Challenge Butter Regular and Unsalted in 1 lb. boxes (MSRP: $2.99)
- Challenge Butter Whipped in 8 oz. tubs (MSRP: $1.99)
- Challenge Butter Spreadable in 15 oz. tubs (MSRP: $2.99)
- Challenge Tuscan Style Butter in 8 oz tubs (MSRP: $1.99)
These products are also available in all H-E-B stores.
Challenge Butter began more than one hundred years ago with four employees, a horse and cart and 132 lbs of butter. Today, it is the largest butter brand in the West and is available in 24 states. Its portfolio of products includes salted and unsalted versions of regular Challenge Butter, whipped, spreadable and European style in addition to Tuscan Style Challenge Butter spreadable butter, which is infused with olive oil, slow roasted garlic and Italian herbs: rosemary, basil and thyme.
Challenge has not only been a pioneer in the quality in butter products, but is also responsible for many industry firsts, including:
- The first lab sampling of all butter to ensure quality;
- The first consumer size Swiss cheese package;
- The invention of a metal churn, in place of a wooden churn, which soon became an industry standard;
- The practice of shipping butter in paper rather than in heavy wooden crates;
- The introduction of the ½ gallon carton of milk instead of quart cartons.
- First brand to not allow any hormones to be injected into their cows; Challenge Butter is the only major brand to offer butter without hormones.
Challenge is the leading butter brand on Facebook with more than 190,000 fans.