Have you heard of “Tachos”? Essentially, they’re nachos, but tater tots in place of tortilla chips. I’ve seen them popping up more and more lately, and I have been tempted to create my own version.
This bacon buffalo chicken version is game day comfort food at its finest.
I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Sometimes my diet is a victim of my creations. But you only live once, right?
- 1 (32-ounce) bag frozen tater tots
- 2 cups shredded chicken (I just used all white meat from one rotisserie chicken)
- 1 cup Buffalo wing sauce
- ½ cup Challenge Butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup blue cheese dressing (can be replaced with ranch or omitted completely)
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup blue cheese crumbles
- 6 green onions, chopped (add more or less depending on taste preference)
1Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and prepare baking sheet by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying it with nonstick spray.
2Spread entire bag of tater tots on baking sheet in single layer and cook for 20 to 25 minutes.
3While tater tots are cooking, combine shredded chicken with buffalo sauce, butter, and garlic powder.
4Remove tater tots from oven and place in cast iron skillet, casserole dish or pie dish.
5Cover with shredded chicken and cheddar cheese. Place back in oven until cheese is melted, or about 5 minutes.
6Remove from oven and top with blue cheese dressing, bacon, blue cheese crumbles and green onion.