About Challenge Dairy Products
Established in 1911, Challenge Dairy began in a rented storeroom in Los Angeles and grew to be the largest selling butter brand in the West. The company partners with over 400 family-owned dairies and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of California Dairies, Inc., the largest butter manufacturer in the United States.
Challenge Dairy is a 100-year-old dairy brand that operates under a direct distribution model using both company-owned delivery vehicles and broker/partners into retail and foodservice channels, including grocery, mass, restaurants, resorts, hotels, cafeterias, and food manufacturers. They also supply the U.S. Military and support Humanitarian Aid efforts around the world.
Challenge Butter cemented their reputation as the #1 brand in the West by focusing on selling high quality products that are 100% natural, without the use of the synthetic hormone rBST. As the Challenge brand expands, Challenge butter is now available in all 50 states. Challenge branded butter and is the 2nd largest butter brand in the United States and the fastest growing of the Top 5 butter brands.
Customer Service Assistant Manager
Challenge is seeking a Customer Service Assistant Manager who provides leadership for the Retail Customer service team while supporting our Retail selling division. In this role, the Customer Service Assistant Manager works in coordination with the Customer Service Manager overseeing our Retail Admin team, order processing, transportation and logistics, and inventory forecasting and supply chain planning.
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
- Accurate and timely processing of customer orders to ensure satisfaction that all orders are shipped on-time and in full
- Review Key Performance Indicator trends & develop plans for improvement.
- On-site expert in the Challenge and customer supply chain relationship and process, and be expected to share that expertise to develop innovative solutions to causal drivers that impact forecast accuracy and retail in stock
- Interact with the customer directly on daily basis and drive initiatives and replenishment process improvements.
- Leadership role in Monthly & Quarterly forecast meetings
- Identify, research, and plan for issue resolution to include forecast changes, policy/profile corrections for submission to customer replenishment teams.
- Gather quotes on freight and work with our carriers to guarantee timely delivery
- Review accounts receivable payments to identify discrepancies and clear deductions
- Handle and resolve customer concerns in detailed ordered manner
- Support Sales team
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in one or more of the following - replenishment, logistics, supply chain, sales forecasting, and inventory management
- Excellent verbal, written and social communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to handle multiple priorities while meeting objectives
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems and applications.
- Decision making, problem solving, ability to incorporate multiple views (customer, sales, other logistics functions) in the demand/supply planning process, ability to present information, make recommendations and facilitate change
- Positive “Can Do” attitude; eagerness to do what it takes to get the job done right
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook). AS-400 experience a plus.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, FSA benefits, 401k w/match, paid holidays, and vacation time.
Send cover letter and resume via email [email protected] or fax (925) 829-3980.