Pink Pepper Soup
Roasted red peppers and Challenge Cream Cheese give this delicious springtime soup its beautiful, bright pink color. Topped with Mrs. Cubbison’s Cheese & Garlic Croutons, feta, and ground pink peppercorn, this dish is perfect for simple spring dinners, and makes a delicious side soup, as well.
- 2 ounces Challenge Butter
- ¼ cup sweet onion, finely chopped
- 4 ounces Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- 5 fire-roasted peppers (or 12 mini sweet hot peppers)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed
- 4 Tablespoons feta or goat cheese crumbles (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons parsley or basil, chopped
- Handful Mrs. Cubbison’s Cheese & Garlic Croutons
1In a large pot, melt the Challenge Butter over medium-high heat. Add the onion, cooking until softened (about 3-5 minutes).
2Stir in Challenge Cream Cheese, peppers, salt, oregano, and chicken broth. Cook until the soup is steaming (but not boiling).
3Transfer to a blender, add cream. Blend until smooth. Immediately transfer to soup bowls. Top with croutons, feta, and basil, if desired.