Savory Mashed Potato Bar
Serve classic mashed potatoes with toppings like sour cream, crumbled bacon, chives, and cheddar cheese, plus our Buffalo, Everything, and Garlic Parmesan and Herbs Snack Spreads to add dimension.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Kosher salt
- 6 Tablespoons Unsalted Challenge Dairy Butter
- 1 cup whole milk
- freshly ground black pepper
- Challenge Seasoned Snack Spreads (Buffalo, Everything, Garlic Parmesan and Herbs)
- sour cream, crumbled bacon, chives, shredded cheddar cheese for topping
1Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with a few inches of water. Season with salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and cook until potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes.
2Meanwhile, combine butter, milk and 1 ½ teaspoons of salt in a small saucepan. Gently heat until butter is just melted; set aside.
3Drain potatoes and return to the pot. Cook over low heat, tossing around, to cook off excess water. Use a potato masher or ricer to mash potatoes to desired consistency. Add milk mixture and stir until just combined; season to taste with salt and pepper.
4Transfer to a large bowl. Serve buffet style with Challenge Seasoned Snack Spreads and toppings.