Corn with Jalapeño Lime Butter
Spice up your side dishes with a delicious flavored butter that combines a touch of jalapeño heat with the refreshing citrus tones of fresh limes. We absolutely love it on grilled corn, but it's a great topping for other fresh or frozen cooked vegetables.
- 2 jalapeño chilies
- 2 teaspoons Challenge Unsalted Butter
- 1 clove minced garlic (½ teaspoon)
- ½ cup (1 stick) Challenge Unsalted Butter, softened
- ¼ teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1½ teaspoon finely grated fresh lime zest
- 8 ears fresh corn
1Split jalapeño chilies and remove seeds and white membrane; chop into 1/8 to ¼ inch pieces.
2Melt 2 teaspoons of butter in a small pan over medium heat: sauté chilies and garlic: let cool slightly.
3Combine chilies and garlic with softened butter, salt and grated lime zest.
4Spread on cooked ears of corn.