- ¼ cup Challenge Butter
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast portions (2 whole breasts, 1 1/2-2 lbs. total)
- 2 teaspoons minced or pressed garlic
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1½ teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled diced fresh or frozen peaches
- ⅓ cup toasted walnut halves
- 4 to 5 cups cooked basmati rice
1Separate the tender portion on the back of each breast piece and cut the remaining breast portions in half.
2Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken pieces and garlic and sauté until chicken pieces are golden brown on both sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
3Combine cornstarch with butter remaining in skillet. Stir in vinegar, sugar, salt, red pepper, chili powder, and peaches. Continue to cook over medium heat until thickened and bubbly.
4Return chicken pieces to the pan and add walnuts. Stir to coat chicken pieces with sauce and continue cooking until chicken pieces are no longer pink inside.
5To serve, place chicken pieces on a bed of cooked rice and spoon the peach walnut sauce over the top.
!Substitute 1.5 to 2 lbs. of chicken tenders or boned thighs.