- ¼ cup (½ stick) Challenge Butter
- 2½ - 3 pounds chicken thighs (approx. 8)
- 1 large clove garlic, minced (1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- dash freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1½ teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon dill weed, chopped fresh
- 4 cups unseasoned cooked rice
- Fresh dill weed, parsley sprigs, or lemon wedges for garnish (optional)
1Melt butter in large skillet over medium high heat. Arrange chicken pieces skin side down and fry about 5 minutes or until golden. Turn pieces over, briefly brown the other side; then remove from pan and set aside.
2Add garlic to skillet; sauté until lightly brown (1 minute). Stir in salt, pepper lemon juice and lemon zest.
3Return chicken pieces, skin side up, to skillet and bring just to a boil. Turn down heat immediately, cover, and simmer over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is tender and the thickest parts are 170˚F.
4Stir in chopped dill weed and simmer an additional minute.
5Arrange chicken pieces over bed of rice and spoon lemon-dill butter sauce over top.
6Garnish with dill weed or parsley and lemon wedges.