- 5 Tablespoons Challenge Spreadable Butter with Olive Oil, divided
- 1 fennel bulb, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- crusty bread, for serving
1Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large heavy pot over medium heat. Add fennel and cook until softened, 5-7 minutes. Stir in garlic and tomato paste and cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add white wine and cook until it is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
2Add the mussels, tomatoes and olives, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer until mussels open, 8-10 minutes. Remove from the heat and discard any mussels that have not opened.
3Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons butter and parsley. Transfer to a large bowl and serve with crusty bread.