- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Unsalted Butter
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned solid pack pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1Preheat oven to 350° F.
2Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, pumpkin and vanilla.
3In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in nuts.
4Drop by teaspoonfuls (using a 2-teaspoon dough scoop, if desired) onto a well-buttered or parchment-lined cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on rack.