- ½ cup dried mangos cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 2¼ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Challenge Unsalted Butter; cold and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- ½ cup chopped almonds
1Preheat oven to 325°F.
2Combine mango and grated ginger root in a small bowl; stir in hot water and set aside.
3Combine flour, sugar, ground ginger and salt. Cut in butter (If using a food processor, process with 5 or 6 on/off motions, just until mixture resembles a coarse meal – Do Not Over Process.)
4Combine slightly beaten egg with mango mixture and stir into flour butter mixture. (If using a food processor, process with 5 or 6 on/off motions to mix).
5Press mixture evenly into a 15 X 10-inch rimmed baking pan. Sprinkle with chopped almonds.
6Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown. Cut while still warm into 48 pieces.
!Kitchen shears cut through dried mango slices easier than a knife.