Banana Zucchini Muffins Spread with Chocolate Butter
These mouthwatering treats combine the appeal of banana bread, zucchini bread, and chocolate frosting all in one spectacular muffin. Make a batch for tea time, brunch, or an afterschool snack.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¾ cup mashed banana (about 2 medium ripe bananas)
- 4 Tablespoons Challenge Unsalted Butter, melted
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, room temperature
- ⅓ cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1 cup grated zucchini, squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup Challenge Chocolate Butter Snack Spread, softened
1Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with liners and spray lightly with nonstick spray.
2In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, flaxseed, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3In a large bowl, combine mashed banana, melted butter, honey, vanilla, egg and buttermilk. Whisk until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Gently stir in zucchini.
4Divide batter evenly among muffin liners (about 3 Tablespoons each). Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Let cool 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
5Spread tops with Chocolate Snack Spread and enjoy.