- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup Challenge Butter (salted), melted and cooled
- 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas
- ½ cup + 1 Tablespoon coarsely chopped pecans
1Preheat oven to 400°F.
2Generously butter a muffin pan with 2½-inch diameter cups, or use paper liners.
3In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, sugar and baking powder; make a well in center of the dry mixture.
4In a separate bowl, blend together eggs, milk, vanilla, butter and bananas.
5Pour liquid mixture all at once into flour well. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened.
6Gently stir in ½ cup nuts. Do not over mix.
7Fill muffin tins 2/3 full; top with a sprinkling of chopped pecans.
8Bake 20-25 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.