- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup Challenge Unsalted Butter
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup dried sweetened cranberries
- ¼ cup chopped dried apricots (or ½ cup chopped fresh apricots)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon buttermilk
1Preheat oven to 425°F.
2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Whisk egg with buttermilk.
3Whisk egg with buttermilk. Create a well in dry ingredients and add egg mixture, stir just until moistened. Stir in cranberries, apricots and nuts.
4Turn dough onto floured surface and shape into 8-inch circle, approximately ¾-inch thick. Cut into eight wedges and place on a nonstick or buttered baking sheet. Brush with buttermilk. Bake 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.