- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 6 portobello mushrooms, 4-5″ diameter, stems removed and black gills scraped out with a spoon
- 2 Tablespoons Challenge Dairy Butter
- ½ yellow onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pound Mexican Chorizo sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup riced cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2Combine olive oil and vinegar and brush both sides of the mushroom caps.
3Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper, and add the portobello mushrooms with the opening up.
4Melt the butter in a small skillet and add onion, cook for 2 minutes, then add garlic. Cook and stir for a minute, then added the chorizo. Cook and break up chorizo into small pieces. Once sausage is browned, mix in the riced cauliflower and stir to combine. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5Remove the sausage mixture from the heat and spoon the sausage mixture into the portobello mushrooms.
6Top each portobello with grated cheese and bake the stuffed mushrooms until mushrooms are done, about 10-15 minutes depending on the thickness of the mushrooms. Top with fresh parsley and serve hot.