- 25 large button mushrooms (about ¾ pound)
- ¼ cup Challenge Butter (½ stick)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 6 ounces fresh or canned crabmeat
- ⅓ cup bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
1Clean mushrooms and place on paper towel to dry. Remove mushroom stems and mince stems finely.
2Sauté mushroom stems and minced garlic in a frying pan in 2 Tablespoons of the butter until lightly browned.
3Drain crabmeat. Combine it with the cooked mushroom stems, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, sherry, oregano, salt and pepper and mix all well.
4Slowly sauté mushroom caps in remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter until tender, turning once. Remove and drain on a paper towel.
5Stuff caps with crab mixture and place on a baking sheet. Place under broiler for 1-2 minutes until bubbly.