Give your bread pudding a flavor boost with a finishing scoop of Challenge Dessert Snack Spread. Alongside a handful of seasonal berries, it will melt into the softened, custard-y bread for a decadent surprise.
- 1 loaf french bread, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons Challenge Dairy Butter
- 2 ½ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- fresh berries, for topping
- Challenge Salted Caramel, Vanilla Fudge, or Chocolate Snack Spread, for topping
- 1Place french bread cubes in a buttered 2-quart baking dish.
- 2Beat eggs in a large bowl; set aside.
- 3Combine butter, heavy cream, brown sugar and Kosher salt in a medium pot. Heat until sugar is dissolved.
- 4Slowly whisk hot cream mixture into beaten eggs, then stir in vanilla extract. Pour custard over bread cubes. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- 5Bake bread pudding at 350°F uncovered for 1 hour, or until top is browned and the custard is fully cooked.
- 6Serve warm, topped with a generous scoop of Salted Caramel, Vanilla Fudge, or Chocolate Snack Spread and a handful of fresh berries.