Discover the secrets to tender and juicy chops on the grill! This recipe demonstrates the perfect balance between spicy, sweet and smoky. Stuffing the chops not only flavors them while grilling, but it also keeps the meat from drying out. The bacon adds a smoky taste, and helps seal in those natural juices. The star of the show is the flavor packed Chipotle Honey Butter that is used for basting and for dipping. After you try this recipe, you will never want to cook your chops any other way!
- Considering buying a whole pork loin and cut your chops yourself. This is a good money saving idea, and a good way to get the correct thickness.
- In this recipe, one canned chipotle is all that is needed. The remaining chipotles can be put in a freezer bag and be frozen to use for another recipe.
- Don’t throw away the sauce that comes in the can with the chipotles! That flavor packed sauce can be used for marinades, salad dressings and barbecue sauces.
- Make sure to use a thick cut of bacon for this recipe. The bacon needs to stand up to a long cook time, thin bacon will just burn.
- For extra flavor, place a fresh cob of corn on the grill to add some charred flavor. Remove kernels from corn cob and use in this recipe!
- For extra spicy chops, swap out the chilies for jalapenos to pump up the heat!
- 4 (2 inch thickness) center cut pork chops
- 2 ounces of Challenge Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup of corn kernels
- 4 ounces of canned or fresh roasted green chilies
- 2 green onions, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed and divided
- 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
- 8 strips of thick cut bacon
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) of Salted Challenge Butter, melted
- ½ - 1 of a chipotle (canned in adobo sauce)diced, plus 1 teaspoon of the adobo sauce from the can
- 1 Tablespoon of honey
- ⅛ cup of fresh cilantro
1Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
2Create a pocket in each chops by inserting a paring knife into the side of each chop. Rock the knife back and forth to create enough room for the filling.
3In a small bowl, combine cream cheese, corn, chilies, green onions and 2 cloves of the garlic. Stir until well combined.
4Using a spoon, stuff each chops with cream cheese mixture.
5Season all sides of chops with salt and pepper.
6Wrap each chops with strips of bacon, securing with toothpicks if needed.
7To create the Chipotle Honey Basting Butter, combine butter with chipotle, adobo remaining 2 cloves of garlic and the honey.
8Place chops on the grill. Cook on all sides for 2-3 minutes to brown the bacon.
9Lower heat to 300 degrees. Continue cooking chops until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees, do not overcook.
10Lower heat to 300 degrees. Continue cooking chops until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees, do not overcook.
11During the last 10 minutes of grilling, baste chops several times with the Chipotle Honey Basting Butter.
12Remove chops from grill and baste once again with Chipotle Honey Basting Butter. Place chops on a plate tented with a piece of tinfoil. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
13To serve, place chops on serving plate and garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro. Serve any extra Chipotle Honey Basting Butter on the side as a dipping sauce.