Apple Bars are reminiscent of a blondie with their chewy texture, an apple cake with bites of fresh apple throughout, and a snickerdoodle with a topping of sugar and apple pie spice! These bars are a delicious dessert or afternoon snack, but you’ll probably want to sneak some for breakfast, too.
Pumpkin Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- ½ cup Challenge Unsalted Butter, melted
- 1 ⅔ cups lightly packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 ½ heaping cups peeled and chopped apples (I used Honey Crisp)
- 1 ½ tablespoons granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon apple pie spice
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Homemade salted caramel sauce, for serving
1Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with parchment and spray the parchment with nonstick cooking spray.
2Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice; set aside.
3In a large bowl, mix together melted butter and brown sugar until thoroughly incorporated. Add in the eggs and vanilla and stir to combine. Gradually add in the flour mixture and stir until just combined, then fold in the apples.
4Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan.
5In a cup or small bowl, stir together the 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of apple pie spice; evenly sprinkle over the top of the bars.
6Bake for 30-35 minutes in preheated oven; finished bars should spring back when lightly touched. Cool in the pan, and cut into squares.
7Just before serving, top with whipped cream and salted caramel sauce.