For those of you who are parents of school-aged children, we hope you are settling into the routine of a new school year. As you begin to remaster the logistical demands of your family’s new after school schedule, we thought we would help you plan a few quick and easy weeknight meals. These speedy, well-balanced suggestions will please the pickiest of eaters and bring everyone together for a little nourishment before they begin their homework routine or head off to bed. Best of all, you’ll get in and out of the kitchen and may even carve out a little time to catch this fall’s primetime lineup.
- Tuscan Chicken and Pasta with Tomato-Basil Garnish - Don’t be fooled by the simplicity of this dish. The fresh flavor of the ripe tomatoes, fresh basil and balsamic vinegar will wow your taste buds. This dish is worthy of a special occasion or a week night dinner with the family.
- Halibut in a Buttery Vegetable Sauce - Simple and delicious. Serve with a green salad and warm bread.
- Parmesan Crusted Chicken Tenders - Baked chicken tenders with parmesan cheese and a touch of Italian seasoning are a healthful and interesting alternative to the fast food version.
- Zucchini Linguini - Better than standard mac ‘n cheese, this pasta dish incorporates nutritious zucchini, which is loaded with Vitamin C, A and potassium.
- Tuscan Grilled Cheese Sandwiches - Mozzarella cheese, fire roasted red bell peppers enhanced by herb blend of Tuscan Style butter combine in an unforgettable sandwich.